Unison error message

Discussion in 'Linux' started by madwoolything, Sep 5, 2008.

1. madwoolything

madwoolything

I've been using unison to synchronise files across Ubuntu machine for several months and would like to be able to do the same with my A110 running Linpus (at present).

I've installed unison from the standard repositories version 2.16.?? (I think) which is slightly later than the version on my Ubuntu machines. I'm able to start unison from the command line (problems getting the program to launch from the GUI in Linpus) and can set up a couple of local directories to synchronise. However, as soon as I try to run the profile, I get 'Fatal Error - Uncaught exception Gpointer.Null'

I've googled for this error message and found lots of references to this problem however I cannot figure out how to fix this problem in Linpus. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'd like to stick with Linpus but am finding more and more reasons to switch to another OS.

madwoolything, Sep 5, 2008
  2. madwoolything

madwoolything

It looks like this is a bug in unison ...... the answer seems to be install the latest version 2.27.54 (I think) ..... the only down side is that you need to upgrade all your installations to this latest version as the 2.13 version will not work with this latest release. I found these in the backports of the other distros I'm using.

madwoolything, Sep 6, 2008
Ask a Question