Ubuntu installation issue both Hardy and Intrepid

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dabheeruz, Nov 1, 2008.

1. dabheeruz

dabheeruz

So seeking two answers..actually..

I tried installing ubuntu Hardy 8.0x from cdrom driver (external) . Right when I choose the installation option from the boot menu , i get booted off to CONSOLE screen (initramfs). It seems it can't initialize the video. has someone experienced the same?

After this failure I thought I would give 8.10 intrepid a try, I was able to boot and install it fine however the resolution I got was only 800x600?? When I checked my xorg.conf , it says its using the VESA driver. Has someone experienced the same? any fixes?

-Dabheeruz

dabheeruz, Nov 1, 2008
  2. dabheeruz

spinnekopje

Are the cd's ok? I've also had a problem with that, only the third one worked. (I have lots of CD-RW and I only use them to do a fresh install)

spinnekopje, Nov 2, 2008
  3. dabheeruz

melhiore

Funny enough quality of CD recording depends on recording speed. I'm always burning ISOs with 4x speed to prevent possible problems and to keep ability to run those CDs also on other machines. Couple of times I found this strange but it works for me...

You may try burn CD with lowest possible speed...

melhiore, Nov 2, 2008
  4. dabheeruz

scottro

Simply confirmation of melhiore's point. In this day and age of fast burners, it seems that people make more and more coasters. Burn at 4x, especially if you think that the quality of the burned CD might be a problem.

scottro, Nov 2, 2008
  5. dabheeruz

bit-ninja

Make sure you are using 8.04.1 and not the plain 8.04.

bit-ninja, Nov 3, 2008
  6. dabheeruz

dabheeruz

Alright so finally I ended up creating a bootable usb and from the same cd created the bootable usb and it worked flawlessly. Maybe a badly recorded cd? hmm..don't know.
    Thanks everyone for all your help.

dabheeruz, Nov 3, 2008
Ask a Question