Ubuntu and too big windows

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mabo, Sep 6, 2008.

1. mabo

mabo

Some programs opens up too big windows for the AA1 screen. Ive made the tweak so I can move the windows over the upper edge. Sometimes, when dealing with the oversized windows the program (the one being used) crashes and when I try to close the windows it just moves a bit up or bit down. Wheres the problem and is there a cure for it? Only way to get over these "bugs" is to terminate the program by shutting it down from the processes.

-Mabs

mabo, Sep 6, 2008
  2. mabo

npease

If I go to system>administration>login window and select the security tab and make changes, the bottom of the window is off the screen and I have no way to apply the changes that I just made. I can't seem to find any obvious way of getting around this. :cry:

npease, Sep 7, 2008
  3. mabo

scottro

Does alt+right click enable you to drag the window up far enough to click?

scottro, Sep 7, 2008
  4. mabo

npease

Yes that works. Thanks!

npease, Sep 7, 2008
  5. mabo

scottro

Glad it helped. That's standard in most Linux distributions.
    Another one that's standard in the Gnome desktop is Alt+F7 will allow you to move the window with the arrow keys--you'll see the cursor become a little 4 way compass type thing and hitting the various arrow keys will allow you to move the window around. Left clicking on the window again brings it back to normal.

scottro, Sep 8, 2008
  6. mabo

Jack Vermicelli

Under linpus, this only allows dragging (resizing) the nearest edge of the window. Is there a trick that works under the default OS, by any chance? Tabbing and enter feels to much like a shot in the dark.

Jack Vermicelli, Sep 26, 2008
Ask a Question