Ubuntu and Jolicloud stopped booting up?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Nissan_350Z, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Nissan_350Z

Nissan_350Z

both will show their startup images.. like their visualizations? but after that it's just a black screen.. i'm hoping it's not an issue with my laptop and i dont think it would be as windows 7 is booting up just fine.. any ideas? thanks!!

Nissan_350Z, Apr 3, 2010
  2. Nissan_350Z

chid

strange, I think maybe you updated Xorg or... bad boot parameters

chid, Apr 10, 2010
  3. Nissan_350Z

error404

If you are really set on using them then maybe you could try reinstalling. Whenever I use linux, I put my personal files on another partition so even if I have to reinstall, or I'm trying a different distro of linux, I won't lose any of my personal stuff. Which version of ubuntu were you using?
    I would like to use the new 10.04 but it doesn't support the graphics in this netbook since the x.org is too new. It uses version 1.7 in there instead of 1.6 which is the latest that the gma 500 will work on so far. Maybe you ended up upgrading x.org and it broke the support for the graphics. That may give you the boot splash but not let you actually boot into a desktop.

error404, Apr 11, 2010
  4. Nissan_350Z

Nissan_350Z

yeah.. after a long talk and such with google i gave up trying to make windows 7 read the linux partition so i made it allocate like 10GB to install ubuntu, grabbed my SD card backup file i was originally wanting to get.. and i removed that linux installation.. and what do you know.. ubuntu (the ubuntu i had on at first) boots up again! so now of course i'm using ubuntu a lot more but it never fixed jolicloud.. so i get up on it.. i'm sure my laptop is happier with only 2 OS's anyways. and i want to try the 10.04 too!! i guess we have to wait to be supported.. it's too bad they didn't give us a better GMA chip..

Nissan_350Z, Apr 12, 2010
Ask a Question