Trying to upgrade Asus F556UA-AB32 - memory to 8gb + HD to SSD

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jfenley, May 12, 2020.

1. jfenley

jfenley

I spoke to Asus support (very little help!) and they said "We don't have any info on that model!"" REALLY!!!!??? Anyway ... I opened the case and there is a slot for additional memory but NO information re type, speed, etc. so I don't want to order until I am sure of which to buy. Also want to upgrade to SSD but again concerned about compatibility, BIOS says memory = 4GB with no other information. Anyone who has upgraded one of these units have any additional info? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

jfenley, May 12, 2020
  2. jfenley

michadoh

michadoh, May 13, 2020
  3. jfenley

jfenley

THANKS!! If you don't mind - how do\did you determine that this is the correct memory?

jfenley, May 13, 2020
  4. jfenley

jfenley

Since the memory stick you reccomend is an 8GB I am wondering if that will work since it does not match the 4GB that is installed. Comment?

jfenley, May 13, 2020
  5. jfenley

michadoh

Hi Jfenley,

I look for a reference from asus website itself I looked for the model of your laptop if you want you may try to find it there also. The memory of gigabyte of the laptop will not be a problem. As long as the socket will support it and your laptop supports up to 16 gbs of ram it will not be a problem. You may double check it :)

michadoh, May 15, 2020
Ask a Question