Trying to help my aunt with her new aspire one via telephone

Discussion in 'Linux' started by einjen, Aug 20, 2008.

1. einjen

einjen

Ok. I've just spent the last hour on the phone with my aunt, and she's just about to throw the "frickin brick" out the window.
    First: the "copy image" option in her firefox is not available when right-klick on an image to copy into another application (Open Office).
    Second, trying the option, to "save image as": whatever she tries, any image failes to be saved, and all images tries to be saved with the name "is".

also, it seems her home direktory is "/mnt/documents", or something under the "/mnt/" directory. to me this seems odd, but is this correct behaviour?

As stated, i've tried to help her via the phonecall, so i've might not have got all the info she gave me in the correct way.

anyone who might help, or has experienced something similar?

Best Regards
    Einar Næss Jensen

einjen, Aug 20, 2008
  2. einjen

jukk

Certainly a misunderstanding how the save dialog works. There are a few buttons: mnt, home, Downloads. By default, Downloads is selected. This is a directory in the user's home directory. It should be as easy as clicking Save and the images are found through Files - My Downloads from the AA1 desktop.

jukk, Aug 21, 2008
Ask a Question