trouble shutting down/hibernating?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by LisaJ, Oct 16, 2008.

1. LisaJ

LisaJ

Please be patient with me; I'm not technically gifted.

I have a two-month old AA1 with 6-cell battery. Soon after I got it, it would occasionally have trouble restarting after reopening the lid (without shutting down first). I would get two yellow lights for power, a black screen and no movement when I tried using the touchpad and keys. If I shut it down by holding the power button for about 10 seconds, it will restart fine. I tried experimenting with different power options and in turning the hibernation off, but it hasn't made any difference. It only happens sometimes, but I can't see a pattern.

Then last night I thought I turned it off, but found out this morning it was still on. I tried to turn it off again from the Start menu and then from Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Neither worked. So I held down the power button to shut it off, then it worked fine again from restart.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

LisaJ, Oct 16, 2008
  2. LisaJ

Kei

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3824&p=27013&hilit=open+lid#p27013

I am not sure maybe that helps probably not until someone posts a better solution i would say to control panel then power options and you can muck through those settings and advanced there may be an easy fix so be patient my searching resulted nothing maybe i just missed it...sorry :? all these errors and problems are so not making the AAO seem reliable hopefully i and the other naysayers will be proved wrong :|

Kei, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question