Trackpad stopped working

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by t100lmb, Oct 13, 2008.

1. t100lmb

t100lmb

I have recently bought an Acer One A150, the trackpad worked for a couple of days until I plugged a USB mouse into the machine, following which the trackpad no longer works. The trackpad moves the cursor around the screen but you are unable to click on anything either by using the trackpad 'tap' facility or the buttons? I've tried using the restore disk/USB memory stick which allowed the trackpad to work during the restore process but stopped working following a reboot after the restore process was finished. This seems to suggest that the hardware is OK and that it may be driver related.

Any help would be gratefully received! By the way, this is my first excursion with Linux so I am not that familar with some of the terminology etc.

Thanks in advance!

t100lmb, Oct 13, 2008
  2. t100lmb

daldred

Possibly a silly question, but you haven't turned the trackpad off with the key combination, have you? (It's something like Fn-F7, I think but I'm nowhere near my AAO at the moment: someone else asked this question here before and it turned out that was what he'd done).

daldred, Oct 13, 2008
  3. t100lmb

t100lmb

It is FN F7 to disable/reenable the trackpad, but that isn't the problem in this case - thanks anyway!

t100lmb, Oct 13, 2008
  4. t100lmb

smilespray

Phew. Thanks guys, got my trackpad back.

Key combo evidently works in OS X, by the way.

smilespray, Oct 13, 2008
  5. t100lmb

simeon

hahaha... that was me that was me xD

simeon, Oct 13, 2008
  6. t100lmb

t100lmb

By way of an update, neither Acer or anyone here could help with the problem so I decided to take the Acer One back and got my money back. I've now ordered an XP version instead - hoping to have more luck with that one!

t100lmb, Oct 14, 2008
Ask a Question