Touchscreen Emergency [solved]

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by nero2401, Dec 25, 2008.

1. nero2401

nero2401

hi guys.
    yesterday santa brought my new fido-hub-touchpanel. looks great... today i tried to put it into my AAO. looks not so great anymore...
    i made the mistake and accidentally dropped the panel from my desk. but i have great reflexes... i caught it at the connector.
    i thought i had rescued it... but no, i just tore this brown-flat-cable-thing off.
    so, has anyone a "easy and fun TouchKit"-panel, and doesn't need it anymore (eg. hub fried while soldering)? [price negotiable :D ]
    or has anyone a bright idea, how i could repair that thing? (seems pretty impossible to me).

...if anyone interested, please mail to [nero 2401 @ hotmail .com] (without blanks and brackets), as i don't visit this forum often...

to explain my bad english: i'm from austria (not australia).

felix

nero2401, Dec 25, 2008
  2. nero2401

DiSK

Re: Touchscreen Emergency

Um...Unless you're extremely good at soldering, like as good as a machine...I think you're done? You'd have to solder the ribbon cable back on to almost invisible points, wouldn't you?

DiSK, Dec 25, 2008
  3. nero2401

nero2401

Re: Touchscreen Emergency

okay. as i didn't get any replies, i tried soldering wires to the remaining 0.5 - 1 mm of this orange cable... and - wow - it worked!

and i have to admit, that i really love that touchpanel. :D

nero2401, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question