Touchscreen Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by h0dges, Jan 14, 2009.

1. h0dges

h0dges

Hey there.

I took the plunge and bought a TS kit, bluetooth dongle and a 4-port hub. I soldered the hub to the additional 'CN11' usb point on the mobo and BT + TS to the hub. Thing is, the TS won't work. I don't know what the problem is and I'm unsure how to isolate the problem either. Could somebody run me through a procedure to isolate the problem? I'm hoping the TS module isn't at fault.

I am dying to get this working and try it on win7 that i just installed!!

h0dges, Jan 14, 2009
  2. h0dges

rtiangha

Did you solder on the wires to the correct points? Maybe you've got some wires crossed. And is your test platform Windows 7 or have you tried it on other OS'es? Windows 7 might be the problem.

rtiangha, Jan 15, 2009
  3. h0dges

h0dges

Nah I've tested it on bunch of OSes and I'm pretty sure the wires are in the right places. I'm wondering whether the hub is the problem. Maybe I should remove the hub and solder the touchscreen directly to CN11 pad? Can I get confirmation from someone else that there TS works from this pad?

h0dges, Jan 15, 2009
  4. h0dges

teh_qube

does your ts led light show up whilst booting on your acer screen but then turn off when you're at the windows boot screen and logon screen??

teh_qube, Jan 19, 2009
Ask a Question