Touchpad stops responding

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ashpire, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ashpire

stou

I fixed the problem on my computer simply by spraying some air with my compressor around the touchpad button. There was probably some dirt that made some bads connections.

stou, May 10, 2009
  2. ashpire

caulktel

Well, I had to finally send mmy AOA 150 to Acer repair today. The trackpad quit altogether and the keyboard quit working also. I hope it comes back fixed. I miss it already. :(

caulktel, Jul 30, 2009
  3. ashpire

caulktel

Well, it came back unharmed, except for a very small scratch on the top lid. I was surprised to find that rather than just changing the trackpad they changed the whole"top bezel", which basically is a whole new top to the computer, including the keyboard. It must have been easier and quicker than changing them individually. All in all, I'm very happy with Acer's service, complete turn around time was 9 days from when I sent it in and everything works great. Looking back at things, I don't think the trackpad ever worked right from the beginning, because it is working way better now. just a update.

caulktel, Sep 6, 2009
Ask a Question