Touchpad/buttons Acting On Their Own

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Guest, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Whenever I start using my laptop after about 2 minutes the touchpad/buttons starts messing up. I don't have to even touch any keys or touch the touchpad it just starts acting as if I pressed the right-click button but I didn't. I can't do anything anymore because it's acting as if I'm constantly holding it down and new windows open and close without me doing it as a result.

I noticed this started happening about 2 days ago. It wasn't really bad at first. At first I just couldn't use the touchpad to scroll down, then it began to a minor version of what I'm describing and I could stop it by opening up the taskbar by doing ctrl+alt+del. I did system restore and now it's just completely messing up. I did a virus scan and it found 2 viruses but everything else is saying that no new viruses are on there and it was fine before.

I was going to reinstall windows 7 on it but I won't get the disk until late August and I was hoping to even find out if it's the laptop or just an infection.

I'd appreciate any help.

Guest, Aug 9, 2010
Ask a Question