touch screen software under UNR 9.04 - HELP!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by simbeb, Sep 13, 2009.

1. simbeb

simbeb

I have fitted the solderless touch screen panel on a A110. I have installed the drivers and calibration software, then calibrated successfully under Windows XP.
    I then decided to install Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 because XP was horribly slow on the ssd. I have tried to install the software supplied for Ubuntu by following the guide below:

Every time I type 'make new' at step 3.1 I get an error message "*** cannot make new" or something along those lines. I am not getting anywhere with this.

Now I have also found out that some touch screen software was built-in in UNR and there is a touch screen calibration tool. But this does not work either.

PLease can you explain me how to install the supplied software, step by-step please as I am not a Linux expert. :(

Cheers

simbeb, Sep 13, 2009
  2. simbeb

DonQuichote

I think those lines are important. Also, the site you got the drivers from probably says what they depend on. Now here's something important: you will need those packages, but also the "-dev" packages installed (with the normal package manager, such as apt-get or synaptic). So if the driver depends on libqt4, for example, you will need both libqt4 and libqt4-dev installed. The "-dev" packages are for compiling dependent programs.

DonQuichote, Sep 13, 2009
  3. simbeb

simbeb

Well. Thank you for that but I did not understand a word. As I said, I am a Linux newbie. I tried to do exactly what the instructions said, hoping that following them word by word would be sufficient. Ideally, I would get help from someone who has installed the solderless touch screen (and I know there are a few of us around) and have tried it on UNR

Help will be thoroughly appreciated: I am getting quite frustrated as I have managed to disassemble my AA1 entirely, install a touch screen that works, and the only thing that prevents me from enjoying it is software installation! :x :x

simbeb, Sep 13, 2009
  4. simbeb

simbeb

Bump!

I do really like UNR and just because I have installed a touch screen I don't want to come back to using XP as a default OS. There has to be around here someone who has
    either successfully installed in UNR the drivers and calibration tool supplied with the screen
    or managed to modify the calibration tool built-in in UNR to make it work.

I have never been left without response on any matter so I'm a bit surprised... :cry:

simbeb, Sep 15, 2009
  5. simbeb

Ceno

Like DonQuichote said, you need to paste at least the output of the make new command, but ideally, post everything from the start so we can see you didn't make any mistakes. How on earth do you want anyone to guess what's wrong?

Ceno, Oct 4, 2009
  6. simbeb

simbeb

I don't expect anyone to guess what's wrong, mate - I am not that stupid. In fact, I don't think there is anything wrong. The software was provided with incomplete guidelines and I am just after a step-by-step guide on how to install that software on UNR by someone who's done it successfully.

simbeb, Oct 5, 2009
  7. simbeb

Ceno

Dude, if I sounded agressive, I apologize. You're probably missing some libraries, paste the output of the whole thing up to the point you have an error and maybe you can solve the problem before you're able to find a step by step guide for ubuntu.

Ceno, Oct 5, 2009
Ask a Question