Total loss of wireless

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Payndz, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Payndz

Payndz

The wireless on my One has just suddenly stopped working, completely and utterly. Following bootup, the little connection icon (the one normally next to the battery charge indicator) doesn't even appear in the system tray any more, and absolutely nothing happens when I click on the Network Center in preferences.

(I don't know if there's any connection, but Firefox changed some settings seemingly of its own accord - adding a bookmarks toolbar on startup - just before I realised I'd lost all wireless functionality.)

The wifi is definitely switched on (the orange light at the bottom-right of the keyboard is lit) but nothing works, and since the Network Center isn't working I can't check any settings! Any suggestions?

Payndz, Aug 17, 2008
  2. Payndz

techie

Go to the system settings and double check that the wifi card is still "present". Did you upgrade the bios?

techie, Aug 17, 2008
  3. Payndz

sguser

I have the exact same problem. Anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks!

sguser, Aug 22, 2008
  4. Payndz

Faakern

There seems to be a problem with the Network Manager accessing the keychain.
    A work-around is to run the applet manually and then provide the password for the access point upon request.
    Run 'nm-applet &' in a terminal and you should be able to access the wlan.

Faakern, Aug 23, 2008
  5. Payndz

RooMonster

RooMonster, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question