Toshiba ultra portege

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by benk, Oct 25, 2012.

1. benk

benk

Would like to warn people of the horrible experience I had with Toshiba

I bought the Toshiba Portege Z930-S9302 3 months ago. Went to visit my dad on his deathbed and brought my computer to use while I looked after him. About the third day of my stay the screen started to flicker on bootup and the screen developed both horizontal and vertical lines. The machine was never dropped or damaged in any other way.

I figure bad luck but it least it'll be covered under the warranty. I go through the diagnosis over the phone with tech and he agrees it's a hardware problem and they send me a box to ship it to their repair depot. Long story short after waiting 5 days I call them up and get a level-one support woman. She claimed that the tech determined I had damaged it and it would cost $460 to repair. When I asked to escalate this to a more senior customer support person so they could hear my side of the story she refused.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOSHIBA AGAIN!!!!!
    Because it was under 90 days that I purchased it AMEX is now dealing with them. Dealing with them was like talking to a rock. They sell flimsy machines and don't support them when they break..

benk, Oct 25, 2012
Ask a Question