TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A-1N1 Screen Problem (pink/green tinge - fuzzy)

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by cbeeching, Mar 5, 2015.

1. cbeeching

cbeeching

My TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A-1N1 has developed an intermittent problem (I'm assuming hardware related). It's less than a year old, but is a refurb (aye I know!!). Just wondering if anyone had had a similar problem, and managed to fix it? My guess is that it's something to do with the connector between the mobo and the screen, as the problem seems to come and go, 'sometimes' with movement of the laptop..

I say 'sometimes' because the laptop had been stuck looking all pink and fuzzy the last couple of days, and suddenly it's switched back to being fine (even when i move it about a bit, and open and shut it). Let me know if you know of anything that may help.

Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

cbeeching, Mar 5, 2015
  2. cbeeching

Connor Cook

I had something very similar happen with a TOSHIBA Satellite I inherited from my brother. Like you say, it was an intermittent pink and fuzzy screen. After a while I realised that if I pressed behind the screen in a certain spot it flickered between working and being unusable. I took it to a local shop, we took the screen off and found that one of the cables connected to the screen had somehow become trapped behind a plastic support in the case, which was pining it down and had been slowly cutting it in half. I'd suggest carefully unscrewing the screen and visually inspecting the connections.

Connor Cook, Jan 15, 2016
  3. cbeeching

laptopgarv

Had same problem with C655D, I changed the screen, that was the problem

laptopgarv, May 20, 2021
Ask a Question