Toshiba Satellite A215 laptop - strange behavior sometimes

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Romankasp, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Romankasp

Romankasp

Hi,

I have a question regarding my Toshiba laptop. It has Windows 7 installed on it. The strange thing is that when I try to reboot it, it finishes the current session, but instead of booting up again, it enters a strange state - black screen, fans working, no reaction to any keys except Power (if you hold it long enough, it shuts down, as it should). So it looks kinda like it has problems booting, reading BIOS or something like this. As I said, the only way is to press and hold Power. But even if you shut it off, you have to wait some time before powering it on again, or instead of booting it will enter the same state again. The same thing happens if it shuts of as a result of overeating (it's extremely hot here now). If you try to turn it back on immediately, it shows this black screen again.

However, if you wait for some time, and press the Power button, it starts booting up as nothing has happened, and works perfectly. And when you boot it up after it's been sitting for some time (e.g. overnight), it always functions properly. Also, if you just shut it down using Windows menu, it always works. So the problem is definitely in BOOTING the laptop, not in shutting down.

Has anyone seen anything like this? What's happening and what can be the reason? Not that it's a big problem, once you boot it up, it works fine. But I don't like it when my equipment does unexplained things. So any advice will be appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    Romankasp, Jul 21, 2013
  2. Romankasp

something back

It's not the bios, look at the vents and fan, are they partly blocked? Possible other problem could be the ram holding a static charge If so remove the ram refit the same ram It only sounds like a overheating problem at this stage.

something back, Jul 21, 2013
Ask a Question