Toshiba Portege z30 cmos Battery

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by owl7, Jul 22, 2023.

1. owl7

owl7

My laptop Toshiba z30 I can't find the Cmos Battery ......I opened it by removing the Back cover I see the main Battery but no sign of Bios battery.
    Can anybody Help me to find it Because I need to replace it. Thanks

owl7, Jul 22, 2023
    leozerilli2021 and wasim6568 like this.
  2. owl7

PCProbs

I'm pretty sure that the Z30 doesn't have a CMOS/system board battery.

PCProbs, Jul 23, 2023
    owl7, leozerilli2021 and wasim6568 like this.
  3. owl7

wasim6568

Yes PCProbs you are right.

wasim6568, Jul 23, 2023
    leozerilli2021 likes this.
  4. owl7

PCProbs

I was a bit surprised the first time I took apart a laptop to find the battery missing!

PCProbs, Jul 23, 2023
    wasim6568 likes this.
  5. owl7

owl7

Well 1st of all Thank you Very much for your reply....You seem to know about this Laptop and actually today i Opened it up again and I undo few screws and I look under the motherboard in Case the bios battery was there But NOTHING is Not there...So i believe there isn't one.
    Now the problem all started that ...When I Switch it on from the Charger (the Main Battery is also dead) it tells me each time to press F2 and update the Date &Time and until I do that it will not boot , so after I do it it will start up normally so That's why i thought it was the bios battery.....but now as You think and I also agree that There is Probably no Cmos Battery I can Only think that I get that alert because of the Main Battery that is dead....So Do you think that could be the reason? So if I would Replace the main Battery Will that cure the Problem? If you read this it will be nice if you tell me what you think . Thank you

owl7, Jul 23, 2023
  6. owl7

PCProbs

Yes, the problem might be solved by replacing the main LI battery, however the charger alone should hold the date/time if that is the issue. The loss of date/time can also be caused by hardware/firmware issues (e.g. faulty RAM, a corrupted BIOS).

You could remove the main LI battery and run the laptop on the charger for a day or so - see if it keeps date/time.

Running Windows Memory Diagnostic for a few hours (Extended test) might also help shine some light on the issue.

PCProbs, Jul 23, 2023
  7. owl7

owl7

Thank you I will follow your advice

owl7, Jul 23, 2023
Ask a Question