toshiba MK-3008GAL

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by torrentlord, Aug 9, 2008.

1. torrentlord

torrentlord

i just order a hd today MK-3008GAL toshiba my questiopn is do i need to have a special cable to connect to the AAO . can i used the original cable from the ssd to my MK-3008GAL hd

torrentlord, Aug 9, 2008
  2. torrentlord

grabejud

just a regular zif cable will do, dunno if the original cable will fit in as the one ive had did not. the toshiba needs a thin cable.

grabejud, Aug 9, 2008
  3. torrentlord

torrentlord

thank you very much for the in put . im still waiting for my hd

torrentlord, Aug 11, 2008
  4. torrentlord

Lvk4

I mounted hdd toshiba MK-3008GAl with original zif cable. Works fine with Xp and Linpus.

Lvk4, Aug 14, 2008
  5. torrentlord

Guest Guest

i have bought another toshiba mk3008GAL, does yours work perfectly? or did you have to do anything with the cable? like cut or sand with sandpaper?

Guest, Aug 15, 2008
  6. torrentlord

Lvk4

Sorry for my bad English, are Italian. I cut the cord zif after I sanded the final part which is connected to 'hdd and with a piece of plastic end I did thickness. was a little complicated but it was because where I live I have not found a cable zif.

Lvk4, Aug 16, 2008
  7. torrentlord

torrentlord

just finish installing everything my 30 gb HDD sweet and fast i recomended it very much , weve tried th 60GB and 120GB works well but cant it get so very hot . here some pics http://madgic.vox.com/

torrentlord, Aug 17, 2008
  8. torrentlord

torrentlord

just try to thinner it witha sand paper i mean the blue plastic that goes on the HDD .y ya ves funciona de maravilla saludo pablito

9. torrentlord

Guest Guest

my hdd is coming by post but im scared about break my one... looks difficult to cut some metal things...
    What did you have to cut? the red one only? or one of these yellow too?

Guest, Aug 17, 2008
  10. torrentlord

torrentlord

ok pablo just take out the red one. you can take the yellow ones too if you like . and not to be worried about cutting it its just a plastic its easy to remove . saludo

11. torrentlord

torrentlord

12. torrentlord

SbM

You don't need to cut anything, actually. Check tnkgrl videos.

SbM, Aug 17, 2008
  13. torrentlord

Guest Guest

GOOD VIDEOTUTORIALS

yeh i was talking with torrentlord and he give me advice about changing the hdd, first what you have to cut its plastic, what i dint know and i thought that it was Al (aluminium or any kind of metal), and theres a very good vid that he showed me at:
    http://qik.com/video/161904
    and
    http://qik.com/video/183950

also heres the webpage:
    http://tnkgrl.wordpress.com/2008/08/16/modding-the-acer-aspire-one-hard-drive/

the vid is very good explained and he installs more parts like: bluetooth, hdd and ram memory.
    I liked the way how he puts the hdd to the mainboard with a spare foam squares of 3M (looks more professional), so i thing i will do the same if i found those spares at any shop.

another time lots of thanks torrentlord

Guest, Aug 18, 2008
  14. torrentlord

SbM

Re: GOOD VIDEOTUTORIALS

You DON'T need to cut anything to install a MK3008GAL, if you follow tnkgrl's video : only tape it to the mainboard and you're fine.

SbM, Aug 18, 2008
  15. torrentlord

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

you mean that theres no needed to cut the red one? i thought that i have to cut the red one, if not the hdd didnt get in correctly. did you cut it?

Guest, Aug 18, 2008
  16. torrentlord

SbM

Just watch tnkgrl's video : she doesn't cut anything. If you tape the drive up to the motherboard (using double-sided foam padding), there's enough space underneath and no need to cut anything. That's what I plan to do.

SbM, Aug 19, 2008
  17. torrentlord

Guest Guest

:eek: cool! youre right SbM! i watch it again and she said that there isnt needed to cut. sometimes its difficult to me to understand english, like that part in wich she explain that its not needed to cut it, i understand the opposite that he had cut it because if she didnt do it the hdd does not fit there.

anyway thanks, after seing that video and knowing that its not neccessary to cut this part and that the part its plastic, im more relaxed. now im impatient to put my Toshiba 30g in my One... lets see how much it takes to reach the package of mail ... this 15 daysd are killing me! :lol:

torrentlord eres todo un manitas! ;) con lo desastre que soy a ver si yo soy capaz de poner el hdd... hahaha

thanks to all now im 100% cleared and ready to dissasembly mu one jiji

regards

Guest, Aug 19, 2008
  18. torrentlord

torrentlord

i have updated some pics new mods of 3g modem of vodafone work out fine .i can have internet every where i want . (as long theres a signal) http://madgic.vox.com/

torrentlord, Aug 19, 2008
  19. torrentlord

Guest Guest

cool! i was watching them and its very usefull! good job torrentlord!

Guest, Aug 20, 2008
  20. torrentlord

1st4

I used My Zune hard drive which is the same one as the ipod's 30gb. Just thinned with sandpaper and reinstalled xp in less than 15 minutes on the HD rather than 1+ hour on the ssd. No lag anymore. Even my processor is at 1.6ghz all the time even when im off the plug. My battery life with the hd is better than the ssd. Altogether I paid less than $452 for my aspire. :lol:

1st4, Aug 20, 2008
Ask a Question