Toshiba L855-S5383 unable to detect my wifi network after replacing Wi-Fi router

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by kn4hh, Feb 15, 2023.

1. kn4hh

kn4hh

My laptop was running on my Wi-Fi network until I change to a new ASUS RT-AX86U wireless router. Now the laptop can not detect my Wi-Fi network. All my other devices detect and log on to my Wi-Fi network. Strangely enough, my laptop does see many other Wi-Fi signals in the neighborhood except my own network.

Any suggestions.

Bob W

kn4hh, Feb 15, 2023
  2. kn4hh

Up2Something

Did you get any suggestions on this? I'm having the same issue. Switched to T-Mobile router. My 2013 Toshiba can "see" all the networks around me except my own. Have to use an ethernet cord. Is there a dongle that can solve this?

Up2Something, May 21, 2024
  3. kn4hh

Invictus

Hello!

You laptop supports only b/g/n networks, so if your new router is set to only 5GHz network It won't be able to see it. What you can try is enter in the router settings and enable 2.4GHz network if disabled.

If your router doesn't support the 2.4GHz network, you can buy a usb WiFi antenna supports the current standards.

Other things you can do is:
    - update BIOS to the latest version available.
    - check your WiFi card manufacturer site for the lates drivers.

Invictus, May 23, 2024
Ask a Question