Thinking Ahead

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by cluckeyo, May 18, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

I am looking a little bit ahead on my impending need of a new laptop system. Hopefully I will get it done before this system crashes, I wonder, moneywise, is there a best time of year to buy a new laptop. Want to be prepared. Thanks!

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    cluckeyo, May 18, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Corzhens

We are now in the process of purchasing a new computer although the laptop lost to the desktop in the evaluation phase. In Metro Manila, June is the season of discounts particularly most of the credit card companies offer the zero interest installment for 12 months. We are already decided now and already seeking price quotations but for reference only because we are waiting for the grand electronic festival in the mall - great discounts and freebies.

Corzhens, May 18, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Vash

Depends on which country you are in. In some countries, there are always some kind of discount / on sale going on during holiday seasons
    In the US, some stores such as Apple store and Microsoft store offer educational discount. I used my mother's .edu email (she is a professor) to purchase my Surface Pro 4 and got a 10% educational discount from Microsoft.

You may also buy something was just "outdated" because a new model is about to release or was just released. During such thing, usually there is a large drop on the price.

Vash, May 22, 2016
  4. cluckeyo

SirJoe

Normally the best time is before the school starts. I find there are normally very good sales campaigns during that time of the year.

SirJoe, May 22, 2016
  5. cluckeyo

IcyBC

I see that you are from Texas, which is the USA. The best time to buy a new laptop is a couple of month before school and college starting back up! You will have plenty of choices as far as stores concerned. It is coming soon, so save up now :)

IcyBC, Jun 3, 2016
Ask a Question