The problem with custom kernel and bluetooth

Discussion in 'Networking' started by X_Shadow, Mar 6, 2009.

1. X_Shadow

X_Shadow

Hi All.
    The problem is: I have Ubuntu 8.10 with custom kernel 2.6.28-aa1 (seem something like sickboy-kuki custom kernel) without bluetooth modules and drivers.
    What i did: download sources of 2.6.28 kernel, configured and compiled bluetooth modules and drivers in my desktop PC. Have copied to the AAO1 and ran depmod.

My lsusb show:
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
    Next commands:
    modprobe bluetooth
    modprobe l2cap
    modprobe rfcomm
    modprobe bnep
    works fine without any warning

When I try to run hciconfig, I have next error:
    Can't open HCI socket.: Address family not supported by protocol
    For this reason I cannot start /etc/init.d/bluetooth start, same issue

I have tried many manipulation with /etc/modules (add blietooth, l2cap,.... modules), /etc/modules.conf (alias net-pf-31 bluez, alias bt-proto-0 l2cap, alias bt-proto-1 hci, alias bt-proto-2 sco, alias bt-proto-3 rfcomm, alias bt-proto-4 bnep). But I still have this issue.

I think, maybe this is because my kernel out of box cannot support bluetooth totally, and I try to add this without changes in other critical parts of kernel (Yes, it's will be better to recompile kernel, but I don't have the sources (only headers)). Or maybe I need more necessary modules (somthing with HCI?)

I know about http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=789, but seems I have some another problem.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

X_Shadow, Mar 6, 2009
  2. X_Shadow

jango

Update to the last sickboy kernel and you have that problem fix...

jango, Mar 6, 2009
  3. X_Shadow

X_Shadow

Thanks, it helped. New version of sickboy-kuki work fine for me. But I don't understand why previouse custom kernel didn't work correct with modules. Any way thanks for your help.

X_Shadow, Mar 7, 2009
Ask a Question