The latest Flash zero-day was used to spread Cerber ransomware

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

The latest zero-day vulnerability in Adobe Systems' Flash player has been used over the last two weeks to distribute ransomware called Cerber, email security vendor Proofpoint said.

Adobe said it would patch the flaw, CVE-2016-1019, on Thursday. The vulnerability affects all versions of Flash Player on Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome OS.

Ryan Kalember, senior vice president of cybersecurity at Proofpoint, said his company detected an attack trying to exploit the flaw on Saturday.

One of Proofpoint's customers received an email with a document that contained a malicious macro that led victims through a series of redirects that eventually reached an exploit kit.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3053...day-was-used-to-spread-cerber-ransomware.html

Sefie, Apr 8, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Sefie

ReyPila

ReyPila, May 11, 2016
  3. Sefie

nytegeek

Just stop using flash. It is old, insecure, and rapidly losing support by other manufacturers in favor of better standards.

nytegeek, May 14, 2016
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

I had Flash ticked off on my MacBook when the sites don't ask for it! It seems to me when I have Flash on, my computer gets hot, and the battery drains faster too. Thanks for the information!

IcyBC, May 17, 2016
Ask a Question