Tether to Motorola Q?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Dougmeister, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister

What software do I need to tether to the Motorola Q (original, not 9C, etc.; running Windows Mobile 5)

I have the mini USB cable and would like to get that working before I mess with buying a bluetooth USB adapter.

Thanks.

(Sorry if it's in the FAQ... I looked and didn't see it)

Dougmeister, Dec 10, 2008
  2. Dougmeister

AceRyan

I've got the original moto Q also, and although I never did try it, I always remember reading on the everythingq.com forums that there was a program called pda.net or pdanet, something like that, that allows you to share the connection. Sorry that isnt very specific, but it is something to go on hopefully.

AceRyan, Dec 10, 2008
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister

I've heard of it. Thanks. I'll check it out!

Dougmeister, Dec 10, 2008
  4. Dougmeister

Dougmeister

Okay. Downloaded it. Tried to install on the AAO, but it said it couldn't find ActiveSync and then backed out of the installation. I guess that is necessary?

Dougmeister, Dec 12, 2008
  5. Dougmeister

AceRyan

Yea, I guess so. Can be had from MS if you no longer have the disc that came w/the phone (not that a CD does much good w/the AA1 ;) ). http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/ ... ync45.mspx

Let me know how it goes. I discontinued my data plan with VZW, but recently have been wanting some mobile broadband on my AA1.

AceRyan, Dec 12, 2008
  6. Dougmeister

Dougmeister

Got it to work just fine. Installed ActiveSync, then pdaNET. Had to right-click on PDANet and say "connect" or something like that. Voila.

Dougmeister, Dec 16, 2008
Ask a Question