Task Bar

Discussion in 'Linux' started by xphineasx, Aug 3, 2008.

1. xphineasx

xphineasx

so... My Task bar is still gone, I tried to do system recovery and start from scratch but that freezes up on me also. So I still don't have task bar... I put one down there so there is a bar there but I can't seem to modify it, not sure what to do now

xphineasx, Aug 3, 2008
  2. xphineasx

Raido

Hm... First of all, I'd try to figure out what makes the recovery process go wrong. If done from a usb stick, try reinstalling it directly from the dvd, if necessary using a borrowed drive. Because when more serious trouble rears its head you *have* to be able to have a working recovery procedure at hand. That's more important than modifying the task bar.

(It's possbile that it disappeared by clicking the little arrow icon in the lefthand corner maybe. I'd also search the forums about which files to modify with regard to the task bar itself.)

Raido, Aug 3, 2008
  3. xphineasx

Tybor

Hi,

The taskbar of Xfce4 is called xfce4-panel.
    Linpus has a modified version of the original panel called xfce4-panelnew.

In this version you can't modify your taskbar by right-clicking on it.
    Original version is still available as xfce4-panel.old.

btw You can directly start your taskbar from a terminal. Just type "xfce4-panel &".
    This way you can check if the taskbar is able to run or some config files are corrupted.

gr33tz,
    Tybor

Tybor, Aug 3, 2008
  4. xphineasx

Sr.Freson

I have changed the existing panel for the original one (the one renamed to .old) .

It's working (I can add things to it)but now it's too high, so the windows keep behind it :(

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks for all, and sorry for my english

Sr.Freson, Aug 3, 2008
Ask a Question