Taking apart your laptop

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Fuzyon, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Fuzyon

Fuzyon

Are there any negatives to taking apart your laptop for cleaning purposes? I do it every 3 months usually because a lot of dust and dirt adds up. I don't touch the vital components such as the HDD, CPU and GPU but I was wondering if the laptop will lose its "sturdiness" and become flimsier if I keep doing it so frequently.

Fuzyon, Oct 9, 2016
  2. Fuzyon

Elektron

All I can recommend you is to not use any kind of brush to clean the motherboard because you'd be adding a lot of static and that could mess up the whole thing, just use a hair dryer and blow the parts where the dust accumulates the most and you'll be good to go.

Elektron, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Fuzyon

something back

I would only clean the insides every 12 months,you could find the screws will not fit into the threads if you open it up to often.

Next time you open it replace the motherboard battery.

something back, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Fuzyon

Corzhens

The thread's title gave me a slight shock. Why do you need to disassemble your laptop for cleaning purposes? The laptop is designed not to be separated in parts and the cleaning can be done by using implements like soft cloth or even cotton on a stick like a long cotton swab. Taking apart the laptop into pieces might cause some issues so my advice is not to do that anymore but just try to clean your laptop as is.

Corzhens, Oct 9, 2016
  5. Fuzyon

Fuzyon

Well it's not like I'm taking every little screw and cleaning it, I only clean whatever snaps off or is easily disassembled is what I'm trying to say. I know better than to touch my vital components, I went to a professional with them and those only get cleaned once every couple of years. My air vents are the only things that make me scared to take them apart, they're really flimsy.

Fuzyon, Oct 14, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
Ask a Question