Sylvania G Netbook Meso, anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Laptop Models' started by Pontificator, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Pontificator

Pontificator

Pontificator, Oct 18, 2008
  2. Pontificator

scottro

When I went to J&R to get my Aspire :), I looked at it. Despite the low quality of the original versions, it looked fairly decent.

However as I do a lot of work in console and with scripting, the keyboard is probably the most important feature for me. The Meso has the pipe key on the left somewhere, and that was aggravating. I imagine I could get used to it, but with the Acer, I don't have to.
    (On the other hand, it's much less expensive--at J&R it was about $80 USD less, IIRC.)

Still, they seem to have greatly improved it since the very first Everex netbook. (If I'm correct, though I may be wrong, I believe that the Everex one was sold to these folks---I also believe that Sylvania isn't the actual maker, it's done by someone else and they brand it. None of this is thoroughly researched, so please don't take it as fact.)

scottro, Oct 18, 2008
  3. Pontificator

URBANRACER

the original maker is Packard Bell (europe) the first model was XS20 also know as everex cloudbook and sylvania g netbook
    here a pic of the original
    [​IMG]

i use to have the silvania g netbook but after 3 weeks start getting too hot on the left side of the keyboard so i went back to comp usa and i change it for my AAO

URBANRACER, Oct 18, 2008
  4. Pontificator

Pontificator

I just read a review of the Sylvania (Digital Gadgets) G Netbook Meso, and it wasn't exactly complimentary.

What they did like: Ubuntu Netbook Remix

What they didn't like: cramped keyboard (the AA1 is larger), case/keyboard build quality, predictably tinny speakers.

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops ... -meso.aspx

Pontificator, Oct 18, 2008
Ask a Question