switching to another operating system for beginners

Discussion in 'Linux' started by derek, Nov 20, 2009.

1. derek

derek

Hi there,
    Newbie here on this subject. Have the Acer aa1 runing Linux lite.
    Interested in trying out a different operating system- like the latest Ubuntu Karma etc.
    I have no experience of the basics of switching, would like if all else fails to go back to the manufacturers settings- well it does work and gives me Internet and email which is what i need it for.
    Can anyone refer me to any other topics on this website or other sites that take the novice through this.
    Thanks in advance.

derek, Nov 20, 2009
  2. derek

granddad39

Excuse me Derek for using your thread I was hoping there would be an answer here.

I have an Acer One with Linux and want to add Windows 7 full programe (not an upgrade) I can use a computer but not knowledgable about the inner workings of one, I hope someone will be able to advise.

Thank you.

granddad39, Nov 22, 2009
  3. derek

adha_cuties

hye all
    im a newbie to using aa1... :D
    if u want to using windows 7 os...u can Create Bootable USB Drive for Windows 7 Netbook
    see how to do it here :

adha_cuties, Nov 23, 2009
  4. derek

bubbalooo

The W7 download ISO comes with a ISO to thumb tool it was there then pulled back due to possibly having open source code but as far as I have heard it is available again check with the MS store. I you want to run W7 you will be best served to boost the ram 2to 2 gigs, I have W7 and Karmic dual booted they both run quite fast. It looks as though the dvd/iso to thumb hasn't been re-released yet but here is another link.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/maga ... 35816.aspx

bubbalooo, Nov 27, 2009
Ask a Question