Suddenly my battery only charges to 70% after live update

Discussion in 'Linux' started by whatotherway, Feb 19, 2009.

1. whatotherway

whatotherway

I have the Linpus netbook.

OK, last night, I checked to see if there were any live updates and there were two, Storage Manager (180078) and Acer Communication Suite (180077) I downloaded and installed both. I rebooted as instructed, and then continued doing some more work after the reboot.

This morning, after working on the netbook on th way to work, I noticed that the battery is no longer charging all the way. The orange battery light keeps flashing. The Green battery light no longer switches on, no matter how long the netbook is charging. I disconnected the A/C, and I have a 70% charge. I shut down the netbook, wait an hour, and the netbook still only has a 70% charge.

Now do not get me wrong, I love this machine, and I have recommended it to at least 20 people, and I know that at least 10 of them has purchased one, as I've seen them walking around with them. But this is the second time I've downloaded a system update, and something has stopped working as expected. The first time, was the fan, where it always turned on, and I was offered a £0.50 (pence) per minute help desk line to call to correct the problem the system update caused.

Is there something I need to do to get this charging correctly again?

whatotherway, Feb 19, 2009
  2. whatotherway

whatotherway

Apparently it took time for it to eventually reach 100% The percentage slowly moved up, since this post, and now I'm getting 100%.

Very odd.

whatotherway, Mar 4, 2009
Ask a Question