Stuck with eRecovery

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by rishab4all, Sep 5, 2010.

1. rishab4all

rishab4all

Hi Guys !!!

yday my Acer Aspire One got infected with virus and i am unable to boot windows even in safe mode. it stuck at mup.sys file in safe mode. i started to restore the machine using Alt + F10 and i chose restore operating system with backing up user data.
    option 2 in recovery.

it said it cant copy 2 files and it got rebooted after restore is over. On reboot check disk started to run and check disk on files got over. while checking the index it stopped responding ( even caps lock not working). after several minutes of waiting, i did hard reboot on the machine. now when i try to get into erecovery option for clean sweep and restoring back to factory setting, i am unable to get into the recovery mode. when i give Alt F10 some sound comes and it again starts loading Windows Xp and hangs at check disk.

the warranty is over for the machine. experts please guide me on how to restore the machine back. thank you.
    my email id is [email protected].

rishab4all, Sep 5, 2010
Ask a Question