stuck pixel on my blue 8SSD aspireone

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by atarione, Aug 14, 2008.

1. atarione

atarione

so am I just **super** lucky or does anyone else have stuck / dead pixels on their aspireone ??

tried the usual stuck pixel recommendations jscreenfix / tap / pressure all to no avail one stuck blue pixel upper left side... (really surprisingly irritating while watching videos :D )

not worth the restocking fees / reordering and not bad enough to meet the vendors dead/stuck pixel policies for exchange.

meh... just wondering if i got really lucky or what... i.e. how prevalent are are dead / stuck pixels on these things?

atarione, Aug 14, 2008
  2. atarione

janss

No dead pixel(s) in my One, so I guess you're just darn lucky...

You could ring up Acer and ask them what their policy is with these things...?

janss, Aug 14, 2008
  3. atarione

atarione

I would do that...except I read the warranty card where they basically say blah blah blah stuck pixels happen... and you are hosed :D

if they happen to you

atarione, Aug 14, 2008
  4. atarione

UTS

I have one also, I just ignore it. Dead pixels are a fact of life on LCD screens.

UTS, Aug 14, 2008
  5. atarione

gbee

They used to be a fact of life, but manufacturing has improved and these days I wouldn't accept it. Acer is not going to go bankrupt replacing the 0.01% of bad screens.

gbee, Aug 14, 2008
  6. atarione

Guest Guest

I don't have any, but I also don't go looking for any. Better to live in ignorance.

I bought a 24inch monitor from Dell and it had an almost invisible little stuck pixel in the top right. Of course I had to open my big mouth and let my friends know about it, which followed with their jealously prompted hassling me about how they would never accept an LCD with a stuck pixel.

Guest, Aug 14, 2008
  7. atarione

dattaway

I bought three Ones last month. None had a bad pixel. My eeepc 701 does!

dattaway, Sep 29, 2008
  8. atarione

ralphygarfield

ralphygarfield, Sep 29, 2008
Ask a Question