Stronghold Crusader under Wine - aspect ratio?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bloomdido, Sep 15, 2008.

1. bloomdido

bloomdido

Stronghold Crusader works quite well on my A110 under Wine - a good game but...

Could anyone advise how to make it preserve the aspect ratio (i.e. not stretch to 1024x600 but keep to 800x600 with some remaining space on side/sides)? Now it stretches, wouldn't say it looks terrible but still...

bloomdido, Sep 15, 2008
  2. bloomdido

BlackLagoon

Run winecfg, select the graphics tab, and turn on virtual desktop.

BlackLagoon, Sep 15, 2008
  3. bloomdido

bloomdido

Already tried that, it works OK - but is there a way to have the same effect in fullscreen mode (with empty space to the side/sides)?

bloomdido, Sep 16, 2008
  4. bloomdido

Vdromuz

Hi! what wine version you use to run stronghold? (excuse my bad english) I have stronghold crusader too (original cd), what you do to run the game fine?.
    Thanks if you answer my question. :D Saludos from third world

Vdromuz, Sep 27, 2008
  5. bloomdido

eliaballade

@Bloomdido
    As far as I know there's no way apart the virtual desktop 'cause the stronghold crusader 3d engine stretch the 2d graphics in fullscreen mode... indeeed with a virtual desktop you simulate a "normal" 800x600 desktop...

@Vdromuz
    It should run finely with wine version 1.0 that can be found in the repositories...
    Anyway take a look here: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... ngId=14081

eliaballade, Sep 27, 2008
  6. bloomdido

Vdromuz

Thanks for the answer eliaballade! :D now i can play stronghold crusader in my AA1 with linux linpus (512MB ram, 8GB ssd), the game looks & run very good!!! :D .

Vdromuz, Sep 29, 2008
Ask a Question