Strong WIFI connection But cant connect to internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Tallytail, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Tallytail

Tallytail

this just happened this morning, it was find yesterday and weeks before. Anyways, i cant connect to the internet even when the wifi connection said it is very strong or excellent. i just flashed my bios from v3114 to 3305 hoping that would fix. But it didnt. Then i updated the atheros driver to 7.6.160, but it didnt change anything. I tried calling Acer but their recording said they are having some technical difficulities, please call back later*click. Can anyone help me? i am stuck.

Tallytail, Nov 15, 2008
  2. Tallytail

solman

i sometimes lose my wireless and a simple fix is to cycle the power to the wifi router. unplug the power for a few seconds, replug. if that doesn't work, you need to provide more info for ppl to help you, e.g. what os yu're using, how your wireless is configured (dhcp or static), etc.

solman, Nov 15, 2008
  3. Tallytail

Tallytail

i just tried powering off the router for 1min then plugging it back in. Dont think that did anything. Reading off the tomato firmware:

WAN/INternet
    TYPE DHCP
    MTU Default
    Wireless
    enable wireless "checked"
    Mac Address 00:21:29:96:3b:cB
    wireless mode "access point"
    B/G mode "mixed"

My AAO is win xp 160 gig 1gig ram

Please advise thanks everyone

Tallytail, Nov 15, 2008
  4. Tallytail

boatman1

Look for my post yesterday on WIFI FIXED topic-- try unchecking QoS (Quality of Service) ---

Go to network connections in the Control Panel ----and right click the wireless-- go to properties --- uncheck QoS-- reboot the machine--

Boatman

boatman1, Nov 15, 2008
Ask a Question