Strange LCD issue with Aspire One 532H

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by poornamelessme, May 17, 2010.

1. poornamelessme

poornamelessme

Hello,

I am new to these forums, so hope I am posting this question in the right place.

I recently purchased an Aspire One 532h (10 inch model) and so far it's been working great. However, I noticed one weird thing -- several (5-6) little 'plastic spots' (for lack of a better term) upon the lcd screen.

When watching movies, or viewing a white screen, I first noticed these spots (or dots), thinking they were dust particles. But when I went to clean the screen (carefully), I realized they weren't dust, but tiny, tiny plastic bumps on the screen, about 1-3 pixels or so in size. I can see them even with the screen turned off, if I tilt the screen into the light.

My question is: what are these things? I wouldn't think it's normal. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but again, sometimes when viewing bright screens, they do stand out (especially now I know where they are).

Did I just get a faulty netbook screen, or is this somehow normal?

poornamelessme, May 17, 2010
  2. poornamelessme

leokendall

Did you buy it new or second hand. Maybe someone put a screen protector on it

leokendall, Jun 7, 2010
Ask a Question