Stolen Items

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jeffyeh, Apr 23, 2009.

1. jeffyeh

jeffyeh

Hey guys,

One of my friends here in Houston just had their house robbed. His house has some nice stuff, and the things stolen include a Wii, an XBox 360, a couple of external HDD, and a Macbook Air.

Does anyone have any ideas on tracking these things? I know the best bet seems to be the XBox, but how would we go about attempting to track it? Any input would be great. Thanks!

jeffyeh, Apr 23, 2009
  2. jeffyeh

Tamrac

Sad to hear that happended to your friend. But in all practical purposes... It's next to impossible to track anything. And don't get their hopes up for the stuff to be recovered. Thieves get rid of those things rather quickly. Invest in good locks and security will be their best thing to do right now.

Tamrac, Apr 23, 2009
  3. jeffyeh

azz2811

When i had my bmx stolen the first thing i did was call the police. Obviously your friend would have done that the second thing i did was call the nearest cash converter type things like pawn shops i did that and a few weeks later i got my bike back!

hope he gets the items back

azz2811, Apr 23, 2009
  4. jeffyeh

Joe Foe from Buffalo

Joe Foe from Buffalo, Apr 24, 2009
  5. jeffyeh

jeffyeh

Yeah, it's not looking too good. We've been checking the pawn shops and local Craigslist, but nothing so far. Thanks for your input, I'll try to keep this updated if we find anything!

jeffyeh, Apr 26, 2009
  6. jeffyeh

donec

I would contact the people that you registered the Macbook Air if it was registered. If someone tries to update it then they may be able to let you or the police know who has it due to registered numbers. Good luck.

donec, Apr 27, 2009
  7. jeffyeh

qlue

Tip for the future, build a cheap mobile phone into the caring of any electronics and you can track it virtually world wide.

qlue, Aug 1, 2009
  8. jeffyeh

Scissors

Oh, I know it's a little late to be saying this but, I will anyway.

PM me the serial# to the 360 since allot usually pass through my hands, If I do find it somehow, I'll let you know.

Scissors, Aug 11, 2009
Ask a Question