Still noisy fan?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by csmo, Mar 18, 2009.

1. csmo

csmo

I'm thinking of buying the 10 inch model and was curious about whether the noisy fan issue from previous models has been fixed. Is the 10" model more silent or is it still the same as before with the ongoing, noisy fan? Thanks.

csmo, Mar 18, 2009
  2. csmo

ComboCraft

Hey!
    Got mine yesterday!

The fan is much more silence as the fan of the A110 or A150! (Got them both before, returned them as the D150 came out)

D150 rules!

But we still need an update for AA1Fancontrol!
    It doesnt work with the D150!

ComboCraft, Mar 18, 2009
  3. csmo

leeleatherwood

The D150 has a fan? :lol:

Honestly you cannot hear this thing, I think it may be disabled until it reaches a certain CPU temp.

leeleatherwood, Mar 18, 2009
  4. csmo

csmo

Thanks for the positive replies, guys. It almost sounds too good to be true. :D

csmo, Mar 19, 2009
  5. csmo

Plastikman

It has a fan!

I left mine plugged in with the battery on it downloading almost 100 gigs backing up my webserver.

It was sitting on a hardwood table using the wifi, the lid was closed but the screen off and on AC with the battery attached.
    after about 24+ hours of this, the drive bay was very warm to touch and the fan was in turbo. it was still "mostly silent", but you knew it was there..... nothing as bad as my old thinkpad.

remember, I have a 500 gig in mine and running 24+ hours straight might be hotter then most users will see..

after i pulled the ac off,, it cooled down very fast and the fan went off.. while still downloading...

Plastikman, Mar 19, 2009
Ask a Question