Status of Sleep Problem??

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by ahovis, Nov 21, 2008.

1. ahovis

ahovis

I have my One working almost completely. Have hyperthreading, can read SD cards if not too big, can autoaupdate from Apple, all that is missing is battery info (I have a Kalyway install, 10.5.5) and the big one - sleep function. Anyone know if there is work going on anywhere on this problem or has it been given up as unfixable?

ahovis, Nov 21, 2008
  2. ahovis

jermzkill

from what i've read it has been going no where and the only way it'll get fixed is if a decent programmer will go in there and figure out the problem.

jermzkill, Nov 21, 2008
  3. ahovis

pink

Netkashttp://netkas.org/?p=74 has updated PCEFI to v.9.
    Discussion on Insanelymac indicates it works for some, not for others...
    I can't tell, I can't yet get Leopard on my AAO :evil:

pink, Nov 22, 2008
  4. ahovis

2manydjs

On the AAO?

2manydjs, Nov 28, 2008
  5. ahovis

totalnirvana

I highly recommend using a little program called InsomniaX.

After installing this on my Acer Aspire One I can now shut the lid and the monitor will shut off - but the computer will remain on. Open it back up and the computer is ready to go again. ;)

It's not really sleep, it actually does the oposite and keeps your computer awake :shock: The only thing that shuts down is the monitor.

But I have to admit - it is much nicer being able to shut the lid if you need to without having to turn off the computer.

You can download it here:
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22211

Note - I had to put insomniaX in the start up programs list under user accounts in sytem preferences to make it load automatically when the computer is turned on.

totalnirvana, Nov 29, 2008
  6. ahovis

totalnirvana

Also, for anyone out there who may be working on trying to figure out a solution to this sleep problem I think this is a good place to start:
    http://www.superhai.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Using Superhai's EHCI Sleep Enabler the Acer Aspire One WILL actually go to sleep, however when waking up there is always kernel panics and I have to reboot.

I've been trying Vanilla and the VooDoo RC under every setting I could think of, including hibernatemodes 0, 1, 3, 5, and 7. None of that did any good so there must be more to it than that.

totalnirvana, Nov 29, 2008
Ask a Question