Start up issue with new AOA110

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Ken., Jun 2, 2009.

1. Ken.

Ken.

Just purchased an AOA110-1588 from the Sams-Club online store:
    http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/naviga ... tem=433591

After receiving it this morning I plugged in the AC Adapter to start charging the battery. When trying to start Windows XP it would load the splash screen and then just stay there... the status bar keeps showing activity, but it never leaves the splash screen. So then I left it charging for a couple of hours, but turned off and tried again and it still dose the same. Tried 'Safe Mode' and got the same result.

Am I just not giving it enough charge time? Never worked with a laptop/netbook before and so far I'm not finding any specs for the initial charging time on this unit.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ken., Jun 2, 2009
  2. Ken.

ranjo

I have the EXACT same problem on my A0D (10.9 inch) aspire one and I have had it for a while (few months). Usually I force a power down by holding my finger on the power switch. Then it comes up and it says it did not shut down properly, duh, I did force it down with the power switch. Then I try again starting windows normally, sometimes this works but sometimes I have to repeat a few times. I just started researching here what it could be but I do NOT think it is how well charged it is.
    I am guessing that it has something to do with the video driver.

ranjo, Jun 4, 2009
  3. Ken.

ranjo

Here is what I did to stop having the problem. I deactivated the Windows logo where you are getting stuck.
    From the RUN box I entered the msconfig program. From there I used the BOOT.INI tab and marked the
    /NOGUIBOOT box. Problem solved.

ranjo, Jun 5, 2009
Ask a Question