ssd of 128 or 256 GB ?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Mohd Mar, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Mohd Mar

Mohd Mar

Hi

I am planning to buy Microsoft Surface Book and I'm not sure if it is worth it to pay more for the 256 GB model, thr RAM is 8 GB
    My use is only Internet and movies
    I will buy 500 GB hard disc anyways because even 256 GB is not enough for me.
    Will the laptop be slow if only 28 GB is wmpty out of 128 ?

Mohd Mar, Jan 19, 2016
  2. Mohd Mar

something back

As your main system drive is going to be the ssd drive, it's this drive that's going to run
    your operating system.

The question has to be how much more money is the 256 gb drive
    instead of the 128gb drive. Don't go with the very small drive.

Look on amazon at drive prices including the 240gb drives then decide, you can always update it later.

Your external drive will only be acting as a file storage drive,the main work being carried out by your ssd drive

something back, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Mohd Mar

PingPongCall

This almost completely depends on what RAID setting you're going to be using.

PingPongCall, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Mohd Mar

coolyfrost

Since your use is only browsing the internet and watching movies. I would recommend just going with the 128gb SSD version. You can put all of your media on the hard drive as watching a movie really isn't demanding and the only difference between the hard drive and going with an SSD would perhaps be an extra second of loading. I would really only buy the 128gb version in your case.

coolyfrost, Jan 22, 2016
Ask a Question