SSD Expansion w/ Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Jiveman, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Jiveman

Jiveman

Hi,

I've installed Windows XP & I upgraded my RAM to 1.5GB yesterday, so now I have 8GB onboard storage and 16GB expansion, I read a post on the hardware forum that Linpus shows certain directories in a "unified" hard disk from the expansion card. My question is, is that just clever use of mounting, or, if I were to re-install windows, could I create a 24GB partion across both SSD's?

I'm assuming its best to have two separate partitions so that you can explicitly use the expansion disk?

Also - I've put my swap partition on the expansion, and installed office there, is there anything else worth moving?

Cheers

Jon

Jiveman, Sep 14, 2008
  2. Jiveman

goofball

Your page file actually isn't on the SD card, windows won't allow you to create page file on removable disks.

Windows XP doesn't allow you to use the storage expansion slot as additional added storage to the primary in one seamless partition.

goofball, Sep 14, 2008
Ask a Question