ssd dead? - any advice needed

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by blacksc0rp, Feb 2, 2010.

1. blacksc0rp

blacksc0rp

Hello everyone.

my Aspire One (Model No. ZG5 - 8GB SSD/ Linux)
    won't boot up anymore.

In the BIOS the HDD is not detected.
    "no bootable device -- insert boot disc and press any key"

I've tried starting the Netbook from an usb (bootable) / tried installing windows xp (again) - but just after
    the start screen (after loading alll the necessary files) i get an bluescreen:

STOP 0X0000007 etc...

Today i could get till the midle of the windows installation (where windows xp tells you how much time is remaining)-
    but then i got this bluescreen:
    ========================================================================================
    A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Ntfs.sys

An attempt was made to write to read-only memory.

If this is the first time....

Technical Information

STOP: 0x000000BE (0xF8354DBF, 0x0263B121, 0xF86A53A0, 0x0000000B)

Ntfs.sys - Adress F83787B7 base at F8321000, Datestamp 41107eea

Beginning dump of physical memory.....
    ================================================================================================

Another time i could get furter and almost complete the installation but - again, a bluescreen
    (A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated ....
    0x000000F4))
    ===============================================================================================

Is the SSD dead? How can i check it? The netbook is only 1 1/2 years old.
    If yes- should i replace the ssd by another or just install a normal hdd (cheaper/faster) - which would fit for sure?

i may it be ram ? how can i check tose things?

i appreciate any help

thanks

blacksc0rp, Feb 2, 2010
Ask a Question