Speed Up Hard Drive/Increase Battery Life (Hitachi Only)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Nemix, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Nemix

Nemix

I've found the Hitachi Feature Tool works on all Aspire One with Hitachi Hard Drive.

For those looking to get the maximum battery life or performance on the Aspire One this just might be the tool for you.

Tool found here:

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

Create a bootable USB/CD/Flopy with the Hitachi Feature Tool and you can change your hard drive settings such as:

Automatic Acoustic Management (ACC) - Can decrease hard drive noise but decreases performance. *Possibly increases battery life*

Advanced Power Management (APM) - Changes IDLE state of hard drive. Set to Maximum for performance but decreases battery life and vice versa.

Note: Changing setting may increase/decrease performance and/or battery life.

Nemix, Feb 12, 2009
  2. Nemix

TechnoShaman

TechnoShaman, Feb 13, 2009
  3. Nemix

Nemix

Just something I like do on my Desktop.

I'm surprised that Aspire One hard drives (at least Hitachi ones) ship with Advanced Acoustic Management (ACC) set for maximum performance, well at least that's the case on my 6 Cell.

Some 3.5" Desktop hard drives come default with Advanced Acoustic Management (ACC) on 'Quite' and Advanced Power Management (APM) set at 'Normal'.

Nemix, Feb 13, 2009
Ask a Question