Source for ALL PARTS used in the One

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ridestp, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ridestp

ridestp

**********UPDATE 3/20/2009**********

Batteries or on sale! 6 cell batteries, both black and white, are only $75. These are OEM batteries straight from Acer, not 3rd party.

Black - http://sourceitstore.com/notebooks/acer/aspire/aspire-one/6-cell-li-ion-battery-black.html
    White - http://sourceitstore.com/notebooks/...008bw-li-ion-3s2p-samsung-6-cell-5200mah.html

Kevin has a new website! Go to Sourceitstore.com, and make your way to the Acer -> Aspire -> One section. The new site is very well designed and much easier to navigate.

6 cell batteries are back in stock as well.
    http://sourceitstore.com/notebooks/acer/aspire/aspire-one

**********That is all....**********

Hey all!!

I found a person who is an authorized Acer parts distributor that is willing to work with the One Community to get OEM parts for our netbooks. His name is Kevin and he works with sourceIT.

First, go to http://dustin.howett.net/AspireOne_Service_Guide.pdf and download the Technical Service Manual. (Thanks KiNG for buying the manual and hosting it for us!! One forum member DHowett has agreed to host the PDF. Thanks!)

In the manual, you will find the part numbers and descriptions for EVERY PART USED IN THE ONE!! The list begins on page 116.

TO ORDER PARTS:
    email Kevin at [email protected] and tell him what you want. He will put the part on the website at http://sourceits.com/NeedParts.html where you can use PayPal to get the part.
    If you don't know exactly what part you need, you can give him your SN and he can see exactly which parts are in your specific One.

PS The prices vary wildly for the parts. I asked for the six cell you see on the site is $160, and Kevin told me there is a different 6 cell that is only ~ $90!

I got a new LCD cover, white, so that I can customize my One a little.

ENJOY!!!

ridestp, Sep 22, 2008
  2. ridestp

ridestp

The cheaper six cell battery is BT.00607.042 which is available for $95.00. For some reason, it isn't listed on the manual.

ridestp, Sep 22, 2008
  3. ridestp

ridestp

ridestp, Sep 23, 2008
  4. ridestp

Ubik

Has anybody else acquired anything through these guys? I'm really interested in getting a 6-cell through them but would like to make sure they're legit and reliable. :)

Ubik, Sep 24, 2008
  5. ridestp

ridestp

I have talked with the guy a bunch and it is indeed legit. You pay through PayPal, which guarantees the purchase, and you will receive an invoice WITH a shipment tracking number, in my case FedEx.

ridestp, Sep 24, 2008
  6. ridestp

stilagrrl

I'm interested in getting a second power adapter for my AA1, but the parts list doesn't list the adapter that came with mine (DELTA 30W 19V 1.7x5.5x11 Black ADP-30JH BA LF). Instead it lists this unit:

ADAPTER LITE-ON 30W 1.7X5.5X11 BLACK PA-1300-04AC LF AP.03003.001

and these US power cords:

POWER CORD US 3PIN ROHS 27.TAXV7.001
    POWER CORD US-110V (BSMI) 27.A99V7.002

Does anyone know if that Lite-On adapter is a direct replacement for the Delta unit? Also, will either cord work in the US?

Thanks for your help.

Rachel

stilagrrl, Sep 25, 2008
  7. ridestp

Frojd

My was delivered with the Lite-On, I believe that there has been less or none problems with excessive heat in this version compared to the delta.

Frojd, Sep 25, 2008
  8. ridestp

ridestp

I too received the Lite On adapter.

ridestp, Sep 25, 2008
  9. ridestp

levitron

I ordered a US keyboard through them on Monday, will be receiving mine through Fedex tomorrow.

One nitpicky thing: I believe they deliver straight from some Acer warehouse in Texas (even though the company is a Canadian company). Since they're shipping via Fedex, there will be a brokerage charge to me since they have to "clear" it for me. The biggest BS fee ever.....there is a potential that the cost of the customs-clearing charges could cost as much as the keyboard itself!!!

levitron, Sep 26, 2008
  10. ridestp

stilagrrl

Thank you for the response. I'll put in a request that those parts be added to the website so they can be ordered.

stilagrrl, Sep 26, 2008
  11. ridestp

rbil

I found that you can use any regular laptop power adapter PROVIDED it has a 19V output, plug size is correct and parity on the plug is correct. Since these are common adapters, you should be able to pick one up anywhere.

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 26, 2008
  12. ridestp

tot31

Yes, I just picked one 2 days ago (this is for spare that I put in my carrying bag as the original I use it at home). It has multi voltage (15V,16V,18V,19V,20V,22V and 24V) and 8 different plug sizes and it's only $17. Here's a pic of the adapter

[​IMG]

tot31, Sep 26, 2008
  13. ridestp

ridestp

I am happy to report that I received my LCD top cover today.
    Some information:
    -It ships from Acer in Temple, TX
    -The invoice included says Bill To Empower Parts AKA SourceIts, Ship To Empower Parts, ATTN (Your Name) (Your Address)
    -There is a 15 day return policy
    -There is a 90 day limited warranty

Sooo.... yeah. Just an FYI

ridestp, Sep 27, 2008
  14. ridestp

levitron

I can confirm the above poster's information.

I also received my US-layout keyboard today via Fedex. I did NOT get charged for brokerage fees! :)

levitron, Sep 27, 2008
  15. ridestp

Ubik

Also confirming the info above. It shipped lightning fast, and was exactly as described, so I recommend this site. Hooray, I finally own a 6-cell battery! :D

Ubik, Sep 27, 2008
  16. ridestp

goofball

Can you post a picture please? I ordered 2 Int'l US keyboards, am curious as to what they look like.

goofball, Sep 27, 2008
  17. ridestp

levitron

Here you go :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

levitron, Sep 27, 2008
  18. ridestp

ridestp

Ha! There are some pretty funky symbols on there. One of the reasons I like the AAO over any other netbook is because of the full sized shift keys. With the bi-lingual version, the shift keys are cut in half! Bummer. I can see why a lot of you would want to switch to the US version- I know I would!

ridestp, Sep 27, 2008
  19. ridestp

levitron

Yeah...the international keyboard is crap for someone who touch types.

Even the Enter key is different. Basically what made me change was the Enter and left shift keys. If it was just one of the two, then I would've just left it.

levitron, Sep 27, 2008
  20. ridestp

DHowett

If you were willing to use the Windows key instead of the House key, i'd gladly take the house key off your hands ;)

DHowett, Sep 28, 2008
Ask a Question