sound distortion on aspire one

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jake blues, May 27, 2009.

1. jake blues

jake blues

is anyone else having problems with sound distortion? I have seen this on 2 different aspire ones.....any help out there?

jake blues, May 27, 2009
  2. jake blues

CarlS

I assume you are referring to the built in speakers. They are not exactly the best speakers I have ever heard. The louder the volume, the more distortion. However sound comes through very nicely with earphones, no distortion.

CarlS, May 30, 2009
  3. jake blues

keseli

Not for me. I just bought mine a couple of days ago and even when the sound is at full volume, it's like a whisper--also true on headphones, oddly enough. Aside from the sound problems, I am loving it, though. I'm thinking maybe I need to exchange it for another one. Perhaps it's just a flaw.

keseli, Jun 7, 2009
  4. jake blues

NORMAN85

Ive blown both of the speakers on my aao suprisingly enough ...first the right and now the left ...still sounds great through the headphones tho and can be extremely loud ..test the speakers in the realtek hd manager and see what you are dealing with ...its still under warranty so im gonna send it in at some point but there is also a limit output button in the realtek manager that may be enabled ...maybe that is your issue, either way goodluck with it ive always found the speakers to get distorted at loud volumes even when they werent blown ...and its my own fault mine are blown now from cranking them up and allowing them to play through the distortion with the equalizer in the realtek manager

NORMAN85, Jun 19, 2009
  5. jake blues

Forone

The AA1 speakers are crummy. Anybody with headphone sound problems is missing a driver update or some other issue - headphones should sound just as good as on any other machine. Similarly, you should get good results from plugging decent external speakers into the headphone jack.

Forone, Jun 19, 2009
  6. jake blues

Doxigrafix

I adore my Aspire One but the sound is, admittedly, pretty bad. Hardly more than a whisper. If I try to increase the volume it gets quite staticey, if that's a word.

I am checking out external speakers. I don't really want to use headphones because I spend all day on the phone as it is! :)

In the meantime I listen to sound on my husband's computer; he has his wired to a fancy sound system, since he does audio enginerring stuff.

Doxigrafix, Jun 22, 2009
  7. jake blues

Doxigrafix

Speaking of speakers.... :lol: :lol:
    Does anyone have a recommendation for small but decent-sounding ones?
    Don't need to rattle the room, but just about anything would be an improvement.

Doxigrafix, Jun 22, 2009
  8. jake blues

rdurof

Had terrible sound on Acer Aspire One, a lot of reverberation/echo. I tried the uninstall of the Primary IDE Channel per several posts, but that didn't help. I went to the Realtek icon on the Control Panel, and found that the Sound Environment was set to "Stone Corridor" which pretty much was the way it sounded (terrible echo). I reset the effect to "<none>", and the sound was every bit as good as when I bought the netbook a year ago.

rdurof, Oct 5, 2010
Ask a Question