Sound Crackling and Distortion through Speakers and Headphones

Discussion in 'Acer' started by TeamSAXON, Sep 23, 2012.

1. TeamSAXON

TeamSAXON

I'm using an Acer laptop which has been operating fine for the better part of 1 and a half years (or around that).

A while ago I had a crackling noise through my headphones which went away. Now the noise has suddenly come back and it is now accompanied with distortion; it is also present while listening through the speakers. It was not prevelant yesterday but today when I decided to watch something in VLC, the distortion and crackling started. I tried listening through 2 sets of headphones, and shrugged it off as a problem with the video.

After that I tried listening to music in iTunes and the sound distortion was still there. I've only installed skype since yesterday and downloaded a torrent for the video I watched today. I have since deleted the video file.

I have tried uninstalling skype, utilising a system restore, updating drivers, deleting drivers, the works. Nothing is doing anything. I've been trying to solve this for about 5 hours now.

I've also looked at Latency Checker and this is the result:
    [​IMG]

When I turned my laptop on after having it cool down for about 10 hours, there wasn't any distortion or crackling present.

After having the laptop on for about 8 hours, the noise distortion and crackling is back. I am assuming it is a heat problem. Who has had the same problem? If it is not a heat issue what else could it be...?

TeamSAXON, Sep 23, 2012
Ask a Question