Someone please help? im a technophobe!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by weezedtee, Nov 5, 2012.

1. weezedtee

weezedtee

Hello,
    I have an Acer ASPIRE one, i got it as a present in feb2009, dunno where from and don't have a receipt.
    Recently everything was working apart from connecting to the internet so i took it to a wee guy to restore the factory settings but when i got it back the main home was empty, background is now brown (as upposed to my wee easy to use Blue one) and it seems to have different applications. He says my wee notepad isnt big enough to put windows on either... Feeling like i have been given an older, poored linix version but not sure???....when i now access my facebook...it says Firefox isnt upto date and could be insecure????
    can someone tell me if ive been bumped/done/had?
    Open to any help or recomendations.
    Thanks
    Z.:)

weezedtee, Nov 5, 2012
  2. weezedtee

john

What are your system specifications?

john, Nov 15, 2012
  3. weezedtee

RockDoctor

If you have the AOA110 model, it comes with a rather small solid state drive instead of a hard drive, and it may indeed not be big enough to put WIndows on. It probably came with (the ancient and outdated) Linpus Lite Linux. Given that the background is now brown, it may be that you now have an older version of Ubuntu Linux installed. Nothing wrong with Ubuntu; it's one of the operating systems I run on my AOA150 (just like the AOA110 except it's got a 120GB hard drive instead of the solid state drive). If you are running Ubuntu, I recommend updating to version 12.10 of either the Xubuntu or Lubuntu variant

RockDoctor, Nov 20, 2012
Ask a Question