[SOLVED] Wifi cannot connect to detected signals

Discussion in 'Windows' started by st3ady, Sep 30, 2010.

1. st3ady

st3ady

Just thought I should post about my wifi problem I was having with my AOA150 and the solution I figured out...

Something had changed which caused my wifi not to be able to connect to any wifi, and I was stuck using the ethernet cable. The wifi was able to pick up signals, but when I tried to connect to them, it would try for about 2 minutes, and then the window would just disappear and I was not connected. I tried searching the forums here for answers but nothing came up.

So I tried fooling around with it yesterday and went to device manager, network adapters, went to the Atheros wifi card, and then clicked on properties, advanced tab, and then for network address I noticed there was a value in there, so I set it to Not Specified, and then hit ok, and after about 5 seconds the wifi signal was picked up and automatically connected.

Hope this helps some of you, I was about to order a new wireless adapter. Cheers.

st3ady, Sep 30, 2010
  2. st3ady

Swarvey Moderator

Good stuff! will add this to the WiFi Troubleshooter in the Wiki

Swarvey, Oct 1, 2010
Ask a Question