*SOLVED !!!* AAone doesn't power on:lights flash and dim out

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by x33, Jul 16, 2009.

1. x33

x33

I do agree that this method is not for beginners or faint of heart, but it doesn't require extensive knowledge or super skills either!

Megavolt, if more members will be interested in a HOW TO, I am sure we can come up with a nicely written guide.

Any of you two guys have any spare SPI sockets I can buy off you? I couldn't source one locally and I'm kinda tired of soldering/desoldering/resoldering these chips.

@jerryt, I think you mentioned one for sale earlier. Is it still available?

x33, Oct 22, 2009
  2. x33

jerryt

jerryt, Oct 22, 2009
  3. x33

Megavolt

Any luck on your end jerryt?

Megavolt, Oct 28, 2009
  4. x33

jerryt

No time yet...

jerryt, Oct 28, 2009
  5. x33

jerryt

Well, had to build the SPIPGM programer from pieces. Programer worked perfectly reading and writing the SPI chip.

But, original problem still persists. Starts to boot, you can hear the hard drive, but then when the screen is about to power up the computer shuts off. This is like the fifth different screen I have tried, and the motherboard was installed in a known working computer, so the problem is still the motherboard.

The bright side. I have a KICK A$$ little SPI programer now...

Anyone need their bios chips flash programed ?

jerryt, Nov 4, 2009
  6. x33

acervan

acervan, Nov 16, 2009
  7. x33

Megavolt

Sure... they would have sorted out this problem right away... :roll:

Megavolt, Nov 17, 2009
  8. x33

bigdoe1014

Re: *SOLVED !!!* AAone doesn't power on:lights flash and dim

Hi, I've been reading you post, and I too have bricked my Acer One. Is it possible to get instructions on how you flashed the bios. I've been trying to use the reflashing program from acer to no avail. Please advise

bigdoe1014, Mar 7, 2011
  9. x33

dannygs5

Re: *SOLVED !!!* AAone doesn't power on:lights flash and dim

hey guys im having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!! although i have no idea what ur talking about since im not a techie haha...i would appreciate it if when u find out the problem u can let me know in lamens terms...dont know if i spelled that right but ya know in english for us newbies. Thanks guys im losing my mind this is my baby and i refuse to give up on her.. i have the acer one aspire AOA 150

dannygs5, Sep 8, 2011
  10. x33

zyzzle

In the hopes that jerryl or Megavolt are still reading these forums after three years:

I have the EXACT problem with my AOA 150. After a BIOS flash (3310) which seemed to complete 100% in DOS with FLASHIT, I got the dreaded dimming out of the AC switch and a completely dead netbook. Can't even get it to turn on, no emergency BIOS recovery, just completely dead.

I am 100% certain it's the BIOS chip which needs to be desoldered and reprogrammed... My technical expertise is poor, so I am unable to build myself the SOIC EPROM programmer that RayeR has on his site (BTW: It's a *brilliant* hack, oh I wish I could do it! I don't even own a soldering iron!).

In a desperate hope that Megavolt can help me (or anyone): Could I send my BIOS chip in to one of you fellows for reprogramming? If I can get it desoldered from the mainboard, which I think I can do if I get access to a proper desoldering iron!

Hate to throw away my netbook over a $5 component, especially, when thanks to this thread, I've diagnosed the problem EXACTLY!

zyzzle, Sep 24, 2012
Ask a Question