Solderless touch screen no reaction HELP!

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by simbeb, Dec 5, 2009.

1. simbeb

simbeb

Hi

To start with, I am no newbie to fitting a solderless touch screen to the AA1 as I have done it successfully twice recently, so I know how to fit it.

I bought my 3rd one from an Ebay seller called Visualtouchworld and it turned out to be a soft flexible one - I wasn't impressed because that one gives a weird feeling to the touch experience and also leaves a kind od lcd stain on the display for a fraction of a second every time you touch it. Anyway,
    I fitted it (with a lot of difficulty because I have the 3G model of AA1 and because all the wires are wrapped, making them even thicker and even nmore difficult to fit in the AA1's hinges.

1st problem
    Before I even switch the AA1 on: it makes air bubbles in the middle, between the screen and the touch screen. It looks like a liquid is trapped in between the 2 screens. I thought I had left a protective film on the inner side of the touch screen, but that wasn't the case.

2nd problem:
    No input and no output from the USB controller board: the touch screen appears to be seen by Windows 7, but not recognised and not powered. And obviously, the webcam is not powered either - that's although the controller board seems to heat up.

Any suggestions? Should I just assume that the controller board is faulty, remove everything and send it back to the seller? Help!

cheers :(

simbeb, Dec 5, 2009
  2. simbeb

simbeb

Alright. No response in a couple days. But I can update you on it:
    I was using a spare usb cable as an extension lead for the webcam output to reach the controller board which is located on the hard drive. I had to place it there because the 3G space where we usually place it was taken by, well, the 3G module. So I just removed the 3G module (I use my phone as a 3G modem to access the Internet on my AA1 anyway) and placed the controller board there instead. So I could get rid of the USB extension cable. Now the touch screen is recognised but
    -there are still those liquid-looking air bubbles between the screen and the touch screen.
    -after 3 goes at calibrating the screen, the pointer is still erratic and inaccurate (tends to go to the bottom of the screen)
    -the webcam display now works but the picture is terrible (probably due to the voltage supplied by the controller board being too low)

That's not mentioning that Windows 7's screen calibration tool does not work (but the one supplied with the touch screen does)

Any suggestion about any of those issues will be gratefully welcomed! :)

simbeb, Dec 6, 2009
Ask a Question