SMPlayer/VLC no video!! only sound

Discussion in 'Linux' started by quarknimble, Dec 27, 2008.

1. quarknimble

quarknimble

i installed smplayer and vlc a couple days ago, and everything worked perfect.

now, all i get is sound, NO VIDEO!

the only thing i can think of changing is removing compiz (which i have reinstalled since).
    it still does not give video! i tryed uninstalling and reinstalling smplayer, mplayer, and vlc multiple times, no success!

what could possibly be going wrong where i get no video, just audio?? someone help!

quarknimble, Dec 27, 2008
  2. quarknimble

markh

That's usually a symptom of not having the right codec installed, but as you say it was working before...

markh, Dec 27, 2008
  3. quarknimble

quarknimble

under smplayers info and options for the video, under video codec tab, i have about 200 codecs! including multiple divx, xvid, and 3ivx ones. ffompeg, "the whole 9 yards". i have a bad feeling im going to be doing a linpus lite system restore once my 4gb usb arrives JUST to get my divx function back. im a linux newb and im at a real dead end (16 hrs of research the past two days and a few posts on here=no answer)

quarknimble, Dec 28, 2008
  4. quarknimble

quarknimble

UPDATE: If i play around with maximizing/restoring window, and going to and fro fullscreen, i can sometimes get the picture to come up. maybe it is an issue with compiz..?

quarknimble, Dec 28, 2008
Ask a Question